Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween to all! We hope you and your families enjoyed the holiday. We sure had fun with our little guy. He was supposed to be the tiger that you all have seen previously on the blog that he has already worn for MIZZOU games. But, instead, he ended up being a skeleton thanks to gifts from Grammy and Aunt KK. And, I went out and found matching skeleton outfits for the dogs. They were SO cute! We had a few trick or treaters but Brooks slept through the whole evening. Mommy had fun taking pictures though....












































This past week was a special one because Brooks got to meet Adam's mom, Betty, and Michael for the first time. He is such a lucky little boy to have so many wonderful grandparents. We had fun showing them around where we live here in Michigan and just hanging out with Brooks. The puppies are always so excited to see Grandma Betty and definitely sad when she leaves. We were all sad to see them go, but are so happy that they came to spend time with our family.











I was very excited because the weekend they were here, Brooks finally was big enough to start wearing shoes. Another milestone!








And, of course, I had to take a picture of the men at the end of the weekend. Pretty cliche'...women cleaning up the house, men sleeping on the couch. Go figure:)



Before Grandma Betty left, she made sure to put socks on Brooks' hands because she thought he was cold....and it's only October! I'm afraid we are in for a long winter here in Michigan.
OK, I need to give a disclaimer for this next picture. All Grandmas need to skip looking at this next picture because I know that if they look at it I will hear quite an earful! But, how can I resist when Shocker wants to show so much love to his baby brother?!

Adam and Brooks are still having fun together. Brooks still loves his bouncer, but he doesn't pay much attention to it when daddy is standing over him sticking out his tongue!




Ok, this next picture is for Shrampa (my dad). I'm sad to say that it looks like your Grandson might be picking up on some of your moves. Look at his right hand...this is exactly what you look like on the dance floor. I'm in for it!


Brooks is big enough now that many of his clothes finally fit him. So, of course, mommy has fun playing dress up. He doesn't seem to mind and we get many compliments from the little ladies at the grocery store. And, his cheeks are chubby enough now that they all want to pinch his little cheeks. Such a cutie...





















Another milestone this week was that we finally got switched over from the hospital paci to the regular paci. It is much better because it isn't so heavy and doesn't fall out of his mouth so much. That's great for mommy because there have been days that I have felt like the only thing that I got accomplished was successfully putting the paci back in his mouth.





And, finally, yes....it is definitely turning colder here in Michigan. I went out this past week and bought Brooks his first coat. Yes, I know, it is a little big for him. But, at the rate he's growing, it will be fitting snug in no time. I promise, Grandma Betty, as you can see from the pictures below he never goes outside without a good bundling!





Well, happy November to everyone. We hope all is well with you and yours and we would love to hear from you anytime. God Bless and take care until then...

1 comment:

Andrea Kay said...

Courtney! He is sooooo adorable! I cannot believe how big he is getting. He really looks like Adam to me! I love the blog and I will keep checking in to see all the fun photos!