Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Growing boy!

Well, it has been another week since I have posted any pictures. But, this time I am going to have to blame it on technical difficulties. My camera has been on the fritz since last week and it was finally working again over the weekend. It killed me to even miss a few days of pictures as Brooks is changing so quickly! As you can see below, even last week when Grammy was still here he had changed so much!! We took her out to dinner the night before she left (it was her birthday too...Happy Birthday Mama Cathy!!!) and we dressed him in his overalls. When I put him in them and came out to the family room, mom started crying right away because it was amazing to us that he was big enough already to fit in them!!






Over the weekend, we finally had Brooks' newborn pictures taken. The night before he had been having trouble going number 2 so the Pediatrician told me to give him a little prune juice. Let me just give some unsolicited advice...I don't recommend taking your newborn to get his newborn pictures taken in the buff the night after giving prune juice!! Yes, we had a few accidents. And, Daddy got pee'd on not once, but twice. When all was said and done, I still think we got some good shots (even though we were covered in bodily fluids) and I can't wait to see all of the proofs.




When my mother was here, she definitely spoiled my husband with three course meals every night. So, when she left, I was feeling like I had to live up to the example she had set while she was here. Let me just say that trying to take care of a newborn all by yourself and preparing barbeque meatloaf at the same time don't go hand in hand. I might have burnt the top a bit! You know it's pretty bad if even Adam can't eat it. So, we're still eating leftovers from the dinners that mom left in the freezer. Thanks a lot mom!


Yesterday was our one month appointment at the Pediatrician. I can't believe it has already been a whole month. Anyways, Brooks did wonderful. He is definitely growing like a weed. He now weighs 9 lbs 3 ounces and is 21 1/2 inches long! When the doctor walked in the exam room, I had been playing peek a boo with Brooks and he was smiling from ear to ear. She couldn't believe it! She did say that was a wonderful developmental sign. I'm sticking to our belief that he is going to be a little genius! (just kidding) Adam thinks it's because he has been reading the Great Gatsby to him, but who knows! I think the pictures below really show how much his little cheeks have filled out. Like I said, we've definitely got us a growin' boy!!






I had to put the next pictures in for my dad. Adam was getting Brooks ready for bed last night and he now fits into this sleep sack. Of course, anything about cars is always going to make us think of Grandpa in Kansas. We miss you and can't wait to see you next month!







Finally, I waould say all is well except that I think our dogs are finally realizing that they are not the head of household any longer. I knew the time would come when they might start acting out from not quite getting enough attention. But, I wasn't prepared to walk into the nursery today and find that they had tee pee'd it! I guess we need to work a little harder on letting them know that we still love more than anything (ok, maybe not more than ANYTHING...but, you know what I mean.) I hope everyone is doing well and having fun getting ready for Halloween. We are excited for Brooks' first Halloween and have already found matching costumes for him and the dogs. Of course, those pictures will be coming soon. Take care of you and your families. God Bless!










No comments: